CML first line treatment

Moderations-Bereich
mohan

CML first line treatment

Beitragvon mohan » So 12 Jul 2020 11:01

Hello,

My wife is a CML patient here in London and we are planning to move to Zurich in a few months. She is currently on Bosulif, I was wondering what the treatment options are for CML patients in Switzerland. Is Glivec still the first line treatment ? Can she continue the same medication in Switzerland ? I am slightly worried that the insurers may want to move her to a more cost effective medication like Glivec specially since she moved to the new drug only because of the long term risk that Glivec carries relating to elevated cholesterol levels etc.

Thanks

Carine

Re: CML first line treatment

Beitragvon Carine » Di 14 Jul 2020 15:43

Dear Mohan

The treatment of CML depends on the stage of the disease. In the treatment of CML phase tyrosine kinase inhibitors such as Imatinib (Glivec®) and Bosutinib (Bosulif®) are very effective. Both medication are standardly used in Switzerland. You say that your wife has changed to Bosulif® due to a possible long-term risk with Glivec®. The attending medical team in Switzerland will surely take this in consideration. Since you plan to move to Switzerland in a few months, I suggest to take beforehand contact with the international services of the university hospitals in Zurich , Berne or Basel
These services are specialized in treating patients from abroad or provide second opinions.(online or otherwise)

I hope you will find this information useful to you and your wife and I wish you both all the best.

Best regards,

Carine, host Krebsforum

mohan

Re: CML first line treatment

Beitragvon mohan » Mi 15 Jul 2020 19:48

Hi Carine,

Thanks a lot. This is very informative.

Regards
Mohan

Zurück zu „Leukämien“